EL | EN | DE
 
ξενοδοχείο ΝΕΩΡΙΟΝSitemapΕπικοινωνία
Neorio Hotel

History

Ammouliani is the only inhabited island of Halkidiki. Until 1925, Ammouliani used to be property of Vatopediou monastery of Mount Athos, where only a few monks were living and taking care of the property.

[more →]

Location

Ammouliani is located at the Gulf of Mount Athos. It abstains 2 nautical miles away from the land and port of Tripiti and 130km from Thessaloniki.

[more →]

History

Ammouliani is the only inhabited island of Halkidiki. Until 1925, Ammouliani used to be property of Vatopediou monastery of Mount Athos, where only a few monks were living and taking care of the property. The church, the Tarsanas, and other more buildings date back to this period.

In 1925 the island was given to the refugees of Minor Asia, residents of Gallimi, Pasalimani, and Skoupia, Marmara’s islands, located close to Constantinople.

The refugees brought with them the sense of hospitality, their customs, their tradition, and their culture. They were mainly occupied with vineyards and the sea, where they became famous for their skill in fishing.

 Nowadays the island counts 700 permanent residents, who work basically on fishing and tourism.